Wednesday, November 21, 2012

THE BIG 100.

November 21, 2012.

I can not believe its my 100th blog post. 
When I started blog it was strictly as a way of updating friends and family while we were in Indianapolis at Riley. Truthfully, it was for a pretty selfish reason... it was so I wouldn't have to have any human contact with anyone for a really long time. No phone calls, no facebook updates, no texting, no nothing. Just quiet. All I had to do was write a sentence or two every other day or so, and VOILA...the Blog came to be. 
Little did I know it would turn into the very way I expressed my greatest fears, hopes, faith, and struggles. 

It became therapeutic for me. 
It became a baby book for Blake. 
It became a memorial for Conor. 

So to celebrate my 100th blog post I have chosen to present you with....
My top 10 favorite pictures, and a quote from the blog post it came from!
(each Blog title is a link to that post if you wanna see more pictures!)

We learned to cherish and appreciate what we have and celebrate the little things. 
We learned that as "only a broken heart can ever hold true love in its fullness."
We learned that we are much stronger than we ever gave ourselves credit, and 
We learned that there is life on the other side of heartbreak.

That now the bumps in the road that we have aren't nearly the mountains we at first had to cross but more like the speed bumps you cross over in a parking lot.

"Every good and perfect gift come from above, 
we are blessed with twins to cherish and love. 
Born together to grow apart, 
one in our hands, and one in our hearts."


I don't even want to give a quote here....I just love this picture...ALWAYS good for a laugh!!

This might be one of my absolute FAVORITE PICTURE!!!
we should enjoy life and focus on the positive. Although life can sometimes be exhausting we must rise up, and be positive and cherish every day we have!


 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. 
It was with this I looked into my beautiful baby's incubator, and he opened his eyes and stretched out his super long Hargis arms, and hands and yawned. Looking right at me, with those BIG BEAUTIFUL eyes I knew. He is a fighter, stronger than you and me put together. He will prosper, he will grow and I have HOPE he has a future. A very bright future. 
Sadly for the man and wife, the angels sang and danced with the prince Conor, they sent a promise to the man and wife that they would see him again. So on that warm bright April day, after hugs and kisses from his mommy and daddy,the angels explained that little Conor was needed somewhere else. So he danced away in the golden streets of heaven, and promised to guard and protect his LITTLE big brother for his whole life.

It was such a special moment to be a part of. To see my two men together was an overwhelming feeling. I can promise everyone that the love I see in Zach's eyes everytime he looks at Blake is the most magical thing I have ever seen! 

I GET TO HOLD MY SON! I was so overcome with emotions the most of all feelings LOVE!


and my absolute favorite blog out of 100.....
 
WE ARE COMING HOME!!!
After 139 days in the hospital, many tears, and headaches, we 
are heading home! And another BIG surprise we are coming home without oxygen, monitors, or a feeding tube!! Just baby Blake!! Big ol' 132 day old Blake!! 
We couldn't be more excited to start this new chapter of our lives, outside of the hospital! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...