Sunday, December 30, 2012

Great Grandparents.

Sorry for the lack of posts recently the holidays have stolen our time. Between my families, and Zach's and the wrapping presents and then of course unwrapping and playing with our new toys we have been MIGHTY busy!! But here is some Christmas updates: 

Our first celebration of Christmas started with visiting the Blake's Great Grandparents. The first being during week before Christmas, with a visit to my Grandma Bonnie who has been in the hospital for over a month. Not a way we wished to see her this Christmas, but being able to spend any time with her at all means more to us than the location of the visit! My Grandmother has been fighting Cancer for nearly 10 years, and the dang monster has reared its ugly head once again. She hasn't been able to see or be near Blake very much since our homecoming due to her being sick and weak. So you can only imagine the joy she felt when she got to hold this sweet boy, and even got to feed him!
It sure meant a lot to me!

Happy to be spending time with his Great Grandma Bonnie!

My grandma, me and Mr. Blake.  

 My grandma is still fighting and remains in the hospital, and its been another emotional roller coaster ride for my family this year. Between decisions to be made, and her good and bad days, we take it day by day and thank the Lord for the days we have with her. I am so happy I was able to have this day with my Grandma Bonnie and that Blake, and Zach got to be there too. She is still in Owensboro at the hospital and it has been a real struggle for my family. 
Prayers are definitely appreciated!

After the visit we met up with my niece Kaylee and my Mother and Aunt. 



 She loves her Aunt Katie!
 She was warming up to Blake. 
Now that's cousin LOVE!

The next day we watched Kaylee (who is almost two by the way) for a few hours. In the little amount of time she spent at our house that day she taught Zach and I ALOT!! She taught us we have a LOOOOOONNNNGGG way to go baby proofing before Blake gets old enough to walk!
But boy did we have fun with her!
 She just was not sure of Mr. Blake...so she would get closer.
 and closer.
 Just a little closer...
 And now they are besties!
 He even shared toys.
 She wanted to get some kisses.


From our house we headed to Boonville to visit with my Dad's side of the family. 
Time for the Walker family Christmas!
I failed miserably at taking pictures last time my father and Marcia visited the house, so this time I made sure to snap a few photos of Blake with his Grandpa Eric and Grandma Marcia.

 Blake snuggled up with Daddy in his matching outfit.
We were attempting to get a picture of all four great grandkids with my Nana...
This is take one. 
 Take two. Hey we are getting closer!
 And finally take three---
I dont know but if you ask me the kids look a little possessed!
But on a positive note everyone is looking.
 Now for Blake's very first Christmas present...he didn't know what to think!
 And here is my sweet niece Kaylee!
She is sporting a dress I wore when I was her age...Such a cutie!
Nana with Blake and my beautiful nephew Kollin!


The visits with my Grandma's went so well, and Blake definitely enjoyed himself! 
Stay tuned...soon I will post pictures from Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. hey katie i was just reading the blog im sorry to hear about your grandma..Sending prayers your way.. I think it was great to see blake spending time with his great grandma.. I know how you feel i lost my grandma back in may when we was still at riley and cancer is what took her life. She didnt know she had it so she went fast. I feel bad for Bella cause she wasnt able to meet her but my grandma did get to hear about her ups and downs. Whats is really said that my grandma died may 11th and bella came home July 11th. Just 2 months after she past.. So keep your head up and i will be praying..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spotted your story on theChive/theBerry yesterday, and I have already been through every one of your blog posts. I think it's ironic that I found out about you through a well-known website, and come to find out, I live just across the bridge (in Evansville). I just want to say you have a beautiful little boy, and reading your posts and seeing his smiling face is such an inspiration. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...